The surprise is that this second tooth is not on the bottom, but the top of her mouth! She already has the bottom left and this one is the top left. It will look pretty funny when they are both in if the other middle ones haven't started coming in yet!
When I took these pictures of her I thought the tooth had already broken through.Later I put my finger on it and realized that it is still under the surface. Her poor little gum area must just be stretched so thin that it only looks like it's come through. Ouch!!
She reached a big milestone (at least for us!) yesterday and started waving reliably. She's done it here and there in the past but yesterday it was like the lightbulb went off and she totally got it. She was waving anytime you said hi to her, and sometimes she'd just look at you and wave in order to get you to wave back. It is so cute, and I will try to get some video today or tomorrow!
Some of you may not know that lack of waving is one of the things we look for as an early indicator of autism...Jacob did not wave as a baby or toddler (until he learned to in therapy). So for us it is especially sweet to see this emerging in Sydney!!
1 comment:
ahh teething is so much fun. E is working on 4 right now. 2 on top and 2 on bottom. 1 bottom one is just about to poke through I can see it but can't feel its sharp edges yet.
Post a Comment