Or you'd think so considering how much time we spend there!
So on Monday I went back to the oral surgeon and had him pull a molar (#18 if you are interested!). I didn't have any sedation and just wanted to see how it went. I was terribly nervous, but actually it was one of the easiest dental procedures I've ever had done. He had it out before I even knew it...I thought he was still poking around to see if I was numb. So that makes me feel a lot more relaxed about getting my wisdom teeth out...I might just go have them done one by one, without any sedation. We'll see.
My short-term plan now is to have one more molar pulled (#2), get an implant where #19 was (this was pulled years ago), and get any regular fillings I need taken care of. Then when we find a money tree growing in our backyard, I will have the wisdom teeth pulled and probably have Invisalign done. WHEW.
Chris also needs to go in and have his two front teeth repaired...he broke them in a sports injury as a teenager and the veneers the dentist put on then need to be replaced.
And Jacob may be in need of a bigger visit, too. He has started biting in the past couple of weeks, and has been moving his jaw around in weird looking positions. He's also been saying "owie" and pointing to his mouth. So we are wondering if perhaps his 6-year molars are coming in very early (not so likely since our family seems to be very late with teeth) or if maybe he has a cavity (or several?).
I called his dentist and asked about sedation so that we could do a good cleaning on him and x-rays, etc. His last visit was extremely difficult and I don't think he would be able to sit still for all of that without causing severe anxiety for him. They referred me to another dentist who takes care of patients with all sorts of special needs and does procedures under general anesthesia at an outpatient facility.
She was kind enough to call me back herself last night and chatted with me for a good 20 minutes about Jacob. That was impressive! She does want me to take him to his regular dentist to see what they can get done...even one x-ray would be helpful. Also her office is on a bit of a vacation right now but she said that if we needed her, she would make herself available for Jacob. I felt very comfortable talking to her, but hopefully we won't need her services!
Natalie also needs to go in for her first appointment, but hopefully that will be an easy-breezy one!
Anyway, we're kind of feeling like we should just have a dentist living at our house right now! At least Sydney isn't ready to go yet... ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment