Sunday, June 1, 2008

Chicken Salad with a Twist

I like to use new recipes and there aren't too many that I end up making over and over and OVER. I get bored! But this is one we found last year and had many a time over the summer. I made it again yesterday and remembered how much I loved it!

I didn't have the right produce on hand so I used green onions, carrots, and celery and it still tasted pretty good. I did miss the cucumber...

Chicken Salad with a Twist · 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
· 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
· 1 medium onion, chopped
· 2 celery ribs, chopped
· 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
· 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
· 1/3 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
· 1/3 cup mayonnaise
· 2 teaspoons spicy brown or horseradish mustard
· 1 teaspoon lemon juice
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon pepper3 plum tomatoes, chopped

Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, chicken, onion, celery, cucumber and olives. In a small bowl, whisk the Italian dressing, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Just before serving, fold in tomatoes. Yield: 12 servings.

No comments: