If you would like to support autism research, consider making a donation to the UC Davis M.I.N.D. Institute. They are currently running their Annual Fund Drive. We received a request for donations from them, with the following info:
Annual Fund Donations Critical to Continuing Research
Many people believe the M.I.N.D. Institute is funded in large part by the government, but that's simply not the case.
In fact, while direct costs to the nation due to neurodevelopmental disorders are close to $50 billion, the federal government spends a mere $50 million a year on them. That places an overwhelming burden on the M.I.N.D. Institute - and on families, who can spend as much as $80,000 to $90,000 annually to care for one severely autistic child.
That's why the M.I.N.D. Institute's Annual Fund Drive is crucial - it is only through continued research that we can find treatments, and ultimately cures.
If you would like to help, go to http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/giving/donations/online.html and designate the M.I.N.D. Institute as your recipient.
THANK YOU!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment