This afternoon Chris was working from home (his back is acting up again) and so while Sydney napped and Jacob was at preschool, I took Natalie on a few errands. We stopped by the grocery store and I noticed that there were several fire engines over by an empty store nearby. We drove over so she could take a look...we had just been talking about fire engines yesterday!
A firefighter noticed us and waved at Natalie, then motioned that it was okay for us to come over. I asked Natalie if she wanted to go meet the firefighter and see the engine and she very enthusiastically said YES!
Natalie was greeted by three firefighters and given a couple of sticker badges, a pencil, and some crayons. Turns out they were doing a drill and were and were just finishing up. One of the firefighters gave her her own personal tour and said she could see or touch anything she wanted because she was "so cute." :)
She held the axe, saw the hoses, went into the back part of the cab where the firefighters had their jackets and other gear, checked out their impressive flashlight (she said Daddy would like it!), sat in the driver's seat, and got an explanation of how the hoses connect to the fire hydrant. She was so cute and enthusiastic...it was a lot of fun.
And of course I didn't have my camera.
1 comment:
I'm sure she loved it! Sounds like a great experience! You need a cell phone that takes pictures! Then you've always got a camera on you!
Post a Comment