Sydney's been doing a bunch of new things lately!
This week she had definitely started trying to walk. She has walked up to 10 steps in the past month, but usually when she was focused on something else and didn't realize she was doing it. It's a noticeable difference this week - she is practicing on purpose! Most of the time she gets 3-5 steps...
She also has started using a pen or crayon! She is totally absorbed by this right now...if she sees you using a pen she tries to rip it from your hand. The other day we were in the grocery store and she was using a pen to write all over my shopping list as she sat in the cart. She was so engrossed in it that people were chuckling as they walked by. I think it was because she is on the small side and still fairly bald, so she looks much younger than she is - it was kind of funny to see what looked like this little baby writing away in the cart! I also now have crayon art on my kitchen door...I found her scribbling away on it with a green crayon last night...
Her first word (where I know she actually means it as something! She says other things that sound like words..."mamama" and "Go!" but I don't think she uses them consistently) is emerging: "Uh-oh!" It is pretty cute. I still have to get a good video of it but you'll see it here soon. I promise.
No comments:
Post a Comment