Today I started having Natalie trace letters and shapes on Jacob's dry erase board. She said she was "working." We say Jacob's working when he's in therapy. As in, "Natalie, leave Jacob alone, he's WORKING!!"
She wasn't initially holding the pen correctly, which was interesting. She holds it correctly when she writes on a piece of paper at the table, but I guess because this was the easel she was doing it differently. So we worked on that too.
I also went online to find some preschool stuff to work on with her and came across the concept of "file folder games." I think they will be something we can incorporate into our crazy household...it would be easy to pull a few out and sit her at the table with them. Or for Chris to do one with her in the evening.
If you aren't familiar with them, check out the watermelon match game I put together for her this afternoon:
http://www.preschoolprintables.com/filefolder/watermelon/filefolderwatermelon.shtml
No comments:
Post a Comment