Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday

Not AS wet today, and not windy at all. Woohoo! It still managed to rain JUST as Jacob's class was supposed to have their recess, so they had to eat inside. That's always tough for him, and I didn't see rain any other time today. Murphy's Law!

Today is my birthday, and for breakfast, I was treated to pancakes & bacon that I didn't make! Why do things taste better when someone else makes them?!? ;) Chris worked from home, so that made Jacob's drop-off and pickup at school much easier - I didn't have to bring the girls. I was also surprised when the postman brought a card from Amazon...a gift certificate from Chris' parents to use with my new Kindle. Chris was very amused with how excited I was over this! I've got about 25 books on my wish list, so this was the perfect gift. Now to decide WHICH books?? Thank you Ron & Sharon!

Jacob seemed like his cold was actually worse today than yesterday and I debated sending him to school. He ended up having a biting "episode" - his IA said you could tell he just really felt the need to bite on something. He ended up biting his own shoulder, his pencil, and his 4th grade buddy (in the arm). Sigh. I have heard fabulous things about his buddy...although she's only in 4th grade, Jacob's IAs report that she could easily take over their job. She prompts naturally, using the least intrusive method (with no training). She just seems to "get" Jacob. It is pretty neat, and he reponds well to her. So I am especially sad that he bit her. His IA said she wasn't even upset about it...her arm was red but luckily she had been wearing a big puffy jacket that saved her a bit. She was more concerned about him, and if he should have something at school which he could bite on. She's a keeper!

Right now Chris is giving the kids their bath...he made a fire, poured me a glass of merlot, and I'm going to go enjoy my Kindle in an EMPTY living room. At least for a few minutes!!

1 comment:

CandaceAnn said...

I am sorry to hear that Jacob has been biting. How sick has he been? Has he been eating? What happens right before the biting? Sorry.. I guess I haven't yet realized that I am not on Jacob's team anymore. I hope you had a great b-day and let Jacob know that I miss him!!