Thursday, January 21, 2010

STILL rainy Thursday...

Still raining today! Not too bad though, more of a sprinkle. And so far it is not nearly as windy as it has been, which was the worst of the weather this week.

Jacob went "back to work" today and had his morning therapy session at home. I think he was really glad to be back to his normal schedule...he was all smiles and giggles! I couldn't get him to eat *anything* though, and he only drank about an ounce of milk. I'm a little worried about hunger hitting him at school, so his IA there said that she will pull him aside with something from his snack box if that happens this afternoon.

The girls are getting better...still sniffles and stuffy noses, but overall everyone is mending up. Whew.

I also wanted to mention, mostly for future reference, that Natalie has been driving us nuts lately with her fear of going in a room by herself (particularly early in the morning or in the evening when it is dark). She will cry and beg us to come with her. She seems to think something tragic will happen to her if she goes to the bathroom by herself at 6 am or to get her cup out of her room ALL BY HERSELF. She's always been afraid of the dark and needed a nightlight, but not being able to go in the bathroom (with the light on!) or get something out of her room is fairly new. Hope it is a short phase...

Also, Natalie asked Jacob's IA this morning if she had any babies. The IA told Natalie "not yet" and then Natalie told her that you have to go to the hospital to get babies taken out and that it hurts, so she (the IA) will have to be brave. Then she asked Jacob's IA "Are you ready?" The IA was almost in tears she was laughing so hard over it. What can I say? Classic Natalie.

2 comments:

CandaceAnn said...

Okay, so I guess I should actually read your post before I ask questions. :) So Jacob hasn't been eating and I am guessing that it is contributing to his biting. How are his skills coming along? I have been learning some new stuff here and Hawaii and I think it may be helpful to Jacob.

TheFiveDays said...

LOL, Candace! I'll send you a note...not sure if you'll read this reply on the blog! But the day he bit, he had actually eaten a lot that morning. Still...not as much over the past week. I really think this time around it is something about the cold that is making whatever is bugging him in his face feel even worse. I posted about last Friday night, where he woke up in the middle of the night in what seemed to be extreme pain and wanting to bite anything and everything. I am going to get his x-ray done in the coming week and I hope that tells us something. Can't WAIT to hear what you are learning out there!!