Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sydney - speech update

Sydney's speech has been coming along, but this past week she has made a big jump!

She has started pointing at everything...she rarely pointed before. She'll point and say "Look! A mirror!" in very dramatic fashion. It is quite cute!

She is using more phrases, and in less "mechanical" ways. Yesterday she had a fit when we picked Jacob up at school and I didn't let her run around the playground. She was kicking and screaming as I tried to put her in her carseat. Then she looked up at me and pitifully said, "Uh oh. What did you do?" I couldn't help laughing!

She is also yelling at Jacob and Natalie when she gets mad at them. She shouts their names and it is obvious she is angry with them. At this point, I love hearing her yell "NAT-A-LEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

She is still pretty resistant to being told what to say and almost always refuses to say "want." She will lie on the floor and scream rather than say "want milk." Now she'll even tell you no and shake her head when you ask her to say the word. It's also difficult to get her to say "more" but she is a little more open to it. She is doing much better with "all done" though and will mostly say it unprompted when she is done eating or wants to get out of the bathtub.

:)

3 comments:

Katie said...

Too cute...I love the toothbrushing picture! She looks so intense!

Anonymous said...

The toothbrush picture is just too cute.

Marc Weibel said...

That's great! Love the toothbrushing pic too!