Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesday

I got Sydney in to the doctor yesterday afternoon...a sinus infection it is. Poor girl. She started her antibiotic last night and is looking a little better tonight, although I think she was feverish again today. The skin is dark pink under and around her eyes, which looks very...wrong. I hope she feels much, much better tomorrow.

I made a zillion or so calls today to start the process of figuring out what the next school year will look like for Jacob. We don't know what type of class we want to put him in and need to see what the district, as well as some of the private or charter schools, have to offer. Maybe a language delay class? I didn't even know they had those, but apparently some districts do. We will also be transferring Jacob to a different therapy company as he is aging out of the program he is in now, and it is primarily meant for kids with high-functioning autism and he is more in the "classical autism" range. I have to do a lot of reading, talking on the phone, and visiting of schools in the coming few weeks. And THEN to get everyone else to agree that it is the appropriate placement for him. I pray we make the right decisions.

No comments: