This is from an amusing conversation I had with Natalie yesterday. I had just tried very hard to get all her short hair up into a pony-tail. Within two minutes she had yanked it out. I looked at her very sadly...
Natalie: Mom..you're mad at me?
Me: No. I'm sad.
Natalie: You're mad at me!
Me: No, I'm sad. You pulled out the pony-tail I put in your hair.
Natalie then ran over to the other side of the coffee table, pretended to hold a little glass and fill it up. Then she ran back to me and handed me the pretend cup.
Natalie: Here mom, have some water. You'll feel better.
I thought this was hilarious and so in between laughing, I pretended to drink my water. Meanwhile, she had run back over to the other side of the coffee table and was making something else for me to drink.
Natalie: Mom, you need some hot cocoa. You have to wait, it's hot!
She brought the pretend cup to me and I pretended to drink it, then told her, "ooh, it's hot!"
So she took the cup and went over to her little play kitchen. She put the pretend cup into the refrigerator, waited a second, then got it out. She ran back to me and said,
"There, it's just right! It makes you happy!"
:)
2 comments:
Tamie, I clicked on your name on Leigh Anne Wilkes "home based mom" website. You have a wonderful webpage. I love when my children play "pretend" and are so sincere and sweet. I'm certain Natalie felt proud to take care of her mommy. Teresa
Thanks, Teresa! I really enjoy Leigh Anne's site, especially her yummy looking recipes! :) Glad you stopped by...
Post a Comment