Friday, March 7, 2008

Going to preschool - 3/3

I took some video of Jacob getting on the school bus on Monday since it is so darn cute! He waits in front of the door, pacing, until the bus arrives in front of our house. Then as soon as I open the door, he goes racing out and scrambles up into the bus before I can barely get out the door myself!

So here is the little man, on his way....

And a couple of notes from his IA about preschool that day:

- For the first time, he independently referenced a peer by her name!

- He copied his friends when they all took off their shoes. They are supposed to leave them on, which I think he knows (because he tried to take them off a few times when he first started going to school, and was upset that he had to keep them on!). It's actually good he disobeyed the rule this time because kids in ABA (the therapy Jacob participates in) tend to follow all rules to the point of being...well..dorky. That's the last thing they need! So he actually has to learn when to bend the rules a little bit like his friends do (like sharing food at lunchtime, even though the school rule is not to)...and how to accept the consequences if he gets caught. Which, of course, he did!

No comments: