Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Zoo!

On Sunday, we went to the zoo for the first time!

Here's Natalie, crying because she fell off of the wall she was sitting on,after standing up like her daddy had *just* told her not to do! They were waiting for me to get Sydney and Jacob out of the car.

Here's Chris carrying two kids on the long walk from the car to the zoo. I had Sydney in the stroller. Can you figure out why his back was hurting the next day?!?


First we had to do battle to get a "wagon" rental...there weren't any left but we got one that someone else was just returning. There were some other very frazzled parents waiting, too, and a few fights almost broke out!
The next stop was a potty break for Jacob while Natalie and I looked at the lion and the tiger. She was really amazed by the lion, I think she was shocked we were seeing a REAL one!
Next were the giraffes, turtles, ostrich, and a zebra...




















Jacob, eating pretzels while we looked at the zebra and ostrich. For awhile he was much more interested in these than in any of the animals! He got the blue baseball cap from the zoo gift shop. :)






Checking out the orangutan and the rhesus monkeys. Natalie loved the orangutan because he came up close and was looking right at us ("he sees me!!" she said). Jacob saw the rhesus monkeys swinging away and shouted, "Whoa!!!!" I'm sure he would have loved to get in there and swing from the vines with them!















After this, we saw the sad little otter exhibit which the kids loved. Then Chris took Jacob & Natalie to the penguin exhibit while I went to the gift shop with Sydney. She had grabbed Natalie's lemonade while sitting in the stroller, and managed to dump the whole thing on herself. That's one way to get a new outfit! I stripped her down and went in search of something to wear. Unfortunately the only thing in her size was a very bright lime green romper. Not her best color!!

Chris said the kids loved the penguins, especially Jacob! He was pretty mellow about almost everything at the zoo, so it was nice to see him get excited by the penguins.

The last stop was the flamingos...


And here is little Sydney, passed out in the stroller as we got to the car. Notice her lovely green outfit! I love the leg thrown over the top of the tray. She knows how to relax. :)

No comments: