Thursday, January 15, 2009

Brown Rice Crispy Bars

Natalie and I tried Alton Brown's Brown Rice Crispy Bar recipe today - not bad! These are a healthier version of Rice Crispy Bars than we are are used to eating. We saw him making them on his show and Natalie asked if we could try them too.

I didn't have all the ingredients and didn't want to spend the money on some of them (a bottle of flax seed oil) so I did improvise a little based on what we had here.

Natalie says they are "delicious," Sydney chowed down on hers (after I removed the almonds) and I like them too. I love sweet stuff and these are actually a little too sweet, in my opinion. Still yummy though! Since I modified the recipe I am not sure if the original would be the same way or not.

I'd like to try them again following the recipe exactly. Although I'd make them again this way too. And I feel pretty good that I got some fruit in with my ooey gooey afternoon treat.

No comments: