Jacob woke up at 3 am and has been throwing up since...5 1/2 hours now. Well, thankfully he is sleeping, but he is still waking up occasionally to be sick and then falling back asleep. He seems miserable.
We don't know if he has some sort of infection - he's had a bad cold for about 5 days with wheezing and a bad cough. Or maybe he caught a stomach virus on top of it. We'll find out.
I'll be calling the doctor's office in a few minutes to get him in today as soon as possible. And I am praying hard that it is not a stomach virus and that I don't get it. In addition to him feeling better, of course! We are pretty worried about dehydration since it's been so many hours and he usually won't drink much.
12:30 Update:
Jacob was still throwing up until about 10:15 this morning, then Chris took him to the doctor for a checkup. They think he has rotovirus. If so, that means Natalie & Sydney are pretty much guaranteed to get it. I am still worried it's norovirus since he threw up so much...and that would mean Chris and I would probably get it too (along with the girls). Either way, it is not going to be a fun few days here. But it would be easier if Chris and I weren't sick too...
Thankfully Jacob has stopped throwing up and was able to keep a little juice down...
12:35 Update:
Nevermind. There went the juice.
2 comments:
Oh i am so sorry to hear that i miss you guys so much i keep meaning to come by but things have been crazy i was actually going to come by today good thing i looked at your blog first well i hop you all are doing well besides getting sick i miss you and i will come see you all again soon!!!!
Oh no! What a horrible birthday for you!!! :C
Post a Comment