Friday, January 30, 2009

Muffins

I have been inspired by Natalie's rapid recovery from the stomach virus. She eats a lot of fruit and vegetables and we think this is part of the reason for her awesome little immune system.

I am not a big fruit & veggie eater, and neither is Chris. We are much better at eating them if they are IN something. So the past few days I have been trying to make some sort of fruity baked good every day. Not the healthiest way to eat fruit, but it's a start. I have made plum kuchen, apple fritters, and today we made banana nut muffins.

The muffins are SO good, I had to share the recipe link. They are actually "Mix-In Muffins" from Gourmet magazine. It's a basic recipe and you can pick what you want to mix in. I really like it. The muffins are fluffy and moist without being TOO dense. I'm looking forward to trying them with blueberries!

No comments: