Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday update

Geez this is a mean, nasty virus.

Jacob is still throwing up occasionally...three days after starting. We called the doctor-on-call and she gave him a prescription for Zofran. It seems to be helping, although when he feels a little better he then wants to down tons of juice...and that makes him throw up again. So we're trying to really limit how fast and often he can drink anything so that he actually keeps it down. We feel so bad for him, though...he has been the sickest, and looks it. You can tell he's lost weight and he has such dark circles under his eyes. If he continues to throw up today we'll have to take him in to may sure he is not getting too dehydrated.

Chris is still getting nauseous a lot. He can't believe how bad this virus has been. But on the bright side, he hasn't actually thrown up for over a day. We are hoping he feels much better by the end of the day. He is really tired, though, considering the virus, losing so much fluid, and just not eating much for two days.

I am still downing the Zofran and have still managed not to throw up. But I still have that queasy sick feeling coming and going, and I am exhausted. I have been cleaning up sickness for three days straight and I can't keep up! All the kids want to be comforted and want me to play with them too.

So Natalie is heartbroken that I won't play with her and her stuffed animals since she is feeling much better. She has recovered the quickest - that girl has an amazing immune system!

Sydney is still having some diarrhea but has had a great attitude through all of this - she is so good hearted! She can throw up and then give you the sweetest grin when it is all done. We are glad that she hasn't seemed to feel too miserable.

So that's the rundown. I can't believe this started on Thursday and we're not done with it yet!

Now I'm off to bleach all the doorknobs and light switches. Bleach and I have become good friends the past few days. 1/3 cup in a gallon of water kills Norovirus, or so I hope!

No comments: