On Friday afternoon, for the first time in his life, Jacob said, "I want Daddy!"
Chris has been working a LOT of hours the past week and a half and the kids haven't seen much of him. He came home early Friday afternoon after a dental appointment, and spent some time playing around with all three of them before he locked himself in the bedroom to get some more work done.
When Jacob finished up with therapy, he kept going to the bedroom door, knocking and saying, "Knock-knock-knock." Finally I asked him what he wanted and he said, "I want Daddy!"
Awesome!!! He has indicated he wanted Chris before by looking for him or following him around, but this is the first time he has verbalized it.
So shortly later Chris came out because he needed to get something from the car. I told him what Jacob said, so of course he gave Jacob some snuggles and then tried to head outside to the car.
Jacob physically blocked him at the door, and held onto Chris' hand saying, "NO THANK YOU." Very much meaning - "You are NOT leaving without me!!" ;)
It was ADORABLE. And yes, he ended up going out to the car with his daddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment