Sunday, February 3, 2008

Iced Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits

Natalie and I made cinnamon raisin biscuits for breakfast this morning...boy were they yummy!

They are hearty and fairly healthy, but also sweet. Mmmm! I got the recipe from http://www.tammysrecipes.com/homemade_cinnamon_raisin_biscuits but modified it a bit, as follows:

Classic Homemade Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits
Yield: 2 dozen biscuits (I got about 1 1/2 dozen)



Ingredients:
2/3 cup whole wheat flour


2/3 cup white flour


2/3 cup wheat germ


4 tsp. baking powder


1 tsp. salt


1 tsp. cinnamon


3/4 cup butter


1 cup milk


1 cup raisins (we used currants)


Icing



Preheat oven to 450


I used the food processor to just pulse all the ingredients together, then dropped them by big tablespoons onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.


Bake at 450 degrees for 10-13 minutes. We made the icing after we took the biscuits out of the oven, then drizzled it on. It's just enough time to let them cool down a little bit!



Soft and Cinnamon-y Topping for Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits:
3 Tablespoons softened butter


1 teaspoon ground cinnamon


1 3/4 cups powdered sugar


2-3 Tablespoons milk



Mix together 3 Tablespoons softened butter and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Add 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar and stir. Add about 2-3 Tablespoons of milk and mix. Drizzle over warm biscuits.

No comments: