I took Jacob to the allergist today and apparently this is what he has - dermatographism. Literally it means being able to write on your skin. Any type of pressure releases histamines and the skin swells up. Or that's my understanding, anyway!
So for now he is supposed to take Allegra twice a day, and Singular at night.
AND the doctor said his cat allergy is very strong. On the 1-4 rating scale, he scored a 4+. The allergist said we need to get rid of our cat, that it won't do to make her a mostly outdoor cat.
Fabulous. Now we need to figure out how to explain this all to Natalie, and what to do to try to make it up to her. AND we need to find Ginger a home. Anybody looking for a purebred Occicat??
1 comment:
I think Thomas has the same skin condition. Whenever he scratches his skin it swells up. His doctor said something about it, but I can't remember what he called it exactly.
I can only hope Thomas will grow up to be as brave as Jacob. He amazes me with how well he deals with painful things!
See you SOON!
Post a Comment