Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Weird day.

This morning Natalie threw up. I think it was because she was disgusted by something (she gags easy when she thinks something is gross!), but I do think her tummy is bothering her a little too...maybe a combination. Still, most of you know how much I *hate* it when that's going on in our house, so I was a little/lot freaked out. I made Chris work from home until lunchtime, just in case. All I could imagine was Jacob & Sydney starting to throw up too, and me being home alone with all three of them!

Thankfully it was a one-time thing. I should clarify that and say one-time up until now, 3:45 pm. I don't know what the evening will bring...

Jacob did well in therapy this morning and even ate a couple pieces of toast! He's barely been eating this past week because he's been sick (I'll have to make another post about that) so I really thought he was doing well. But then he had some...poop issues...at lunchtime (presumably from his antibiotic) and I decided to keep him home from school in the afternoon and just have session here. Not that I wasn't very much looking forward to getting him back to school after over a week off!

So I left a message for his therapy company. But 12:30 came and went and nobody was here to work with him. So I called and found out I'd missed a message...the IA was sick (probably from Jacob!) and there was no session for him because they didn't have a replacement. Thank goodness I didn't send him to school...there wouldn't have been an aide for him!

Then his supervisor called to say *she* could come work with him for a couple hours. It's a rare treat to have her actually do a session with Jacob, so that was nice!

Natalie fell asleep for an afternoon nap and woke up crying and shaking. I picked her up and she clung to me and cried, "Please don't leave me, Mommy!!" She was really scared. After she calmed down she said she remembered her bad dream but didn't seem to want to say what it was about. Then she fell back asleep and is still passed out on the couch.

It's just been a strange day so far and I'm a little worried about what's still to come!

No comments: