Monday, December 8, 2008

The weirdness continues

So on Saturday morning, Jacob woke up scratching like crazy. When I got him into the light, I saw that his whole torso was full of hives. After some Benedryl and hydrocortisone cream, he felt a lot better. BUT he had scratched up his chest and his neck from scratching so hard.

Just when we got that figured out, Natalie threw up again. Then she moped around looking pale and sick for a couple of hours. She even missed gymnastics class. But then she ate an apple, took a nap, and was good as new. Chicken nuggets and french fries for lunch, running around all afternoon. Weird.

Early Sunday morning, Jacob woke up with hives again, this time on his leg. As I got him up and into the light so I could put some cream on his leg, he told me "Owie mouth." I looked at his mouth and saw that the side of his lower lip was swollen up to twice the regular size. Aaaargh! Poor little guy! And then I was worried there could be some swelling IN his mouth which would effect his breathing. Thankfully he was thirsty and I was able to get a benedryl/strawberry milk cocktail down him pretty quickly. Still, the swelling in his lip didn't go down until about noon.

No comments: