Overall Natalie seems to be doing okay with Ginger leaving. I don't think she understands the permanence of it, and she thinks that Ginger can come back again one day.
Yesterday, she saw the family newsletter we're putting in our Christmas cards. It has a picture of Ginger on it. She asked me if she could cut Ginger out, so I let her. Then she had a sweet conversation with the little cut-out Ginger. Afterwards she asked me to tape the picture to our refrigerator door. Then she cut out a picture of our family and put it next to Ginger's. Awww.
Today I asked her to draw a picture inside of a Christmas card. She said, "I'm making a duck!" Then it turned into a duck who was very sad and missing her babies. Why? Well, it seems they had to go to a new home because their brother was sick. And the mommy duck was very worried and sad. But then the doctor came to their house and "did a trick" and then all the baby ducks got to come back home again.

Natalie misses her kitty, I think!
(pictures in this post were taken on Wednesday, the day she left)
1 comment:
btw your colorjunction is addicting!!!
:)
Post a Comment