Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday

I haven't been able to post most lately with all the Christmas prep and other stuff going on around here, so here are a few tidbits about what's been going on!

- Ginger has found a home! My wonderful friend Nicole connected us with a family she knows...they have two children and the mom stays at home so it is a similar environment for Ginger. She had to be transported about 140 miles away, and we were blessed to have another friend, Michelle, who happend to be going that way on a family trip! She was willing to bring Ginger along which saved her from a stressful airplane flight to get to her new home. Natalie has been upset at times but she doesn't seem to understand that this is permanent. She often says that "when Jacob gets better, Ginger can come back home!" Interestingly, Jacob told me yesterday he wanted "more Ginger!"

- We're all getting colds again...sigh. Everyone except Chris, so far. This one doesn't seem to be horrible, but Jacob started coughing really badly last night. So I started him on breathing treatments and I hope that we can keep it from getting too miserable for him.

- Sydney hurt her arm or elbow last night. She started to cry sporadically when she was eating her dinner, and it was a painful cry but I couldn't figure out why. Then when I got her out of her highchair I realized she wouldn't hold up her right arm. After watching her for awhile, I was thinking the pain was in her elbow or maybe her wrist. I couldn't find any marks or swelling, ...I'm thinking maybe she just toppled over and landed on her arm in a funny way so that it got twisted or sprained? She of course didn't complain very much...she is so sweet. Some ibuprofen seemed to help and then she was moving it around a little more. I'll have to see how it looks this morning when she gets up...

- Sydney has also started walking around saying, "no, no, no, no!" She's been hearing that an awful lot lately...she loves to pull the bead garland off of the tree, and tries to pull on just about every other Christmas decoration she can reach. She is also a coloring MANIAC right now and we have a decorated couch and entry floor to prove it. So I am constantly running after her pulling crayons and pens out of her hands (because of course Jacob & Natalie leave them around for her to pick up!).

- Yesterday Jacob reached up and ran his hands through my hair saying "brushing!" and then he pulled some of my hair onto his head and said "share." :)

Happy Friday!!

No comments: