So if you've been to our house, you probably know that Jacob has a very deep seated love of the movie Ice Age. Since he was pretty little, this movie has had the power to turn him into a giggling, squealing pile of mush. I keep waiting for it to lose it's touch but so far, it's still a winner!
Because he has autism, Jacob goes through phases where he is obsessed with different things on television, and he likes to watch them over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...you get the point. I know most 5-year-olds do this to some degree but but he is pretty extreme. Anyway, he although he has other flings here and there, he always comes back to Ice Age.
The reason I'm writing about this is because I have been up with him since 3:30 am - he woke up with a very stuffy nose from his cold and couldn't sleep. And I couldn't get him to drink his chocolate milk laced with Allegra. So at 4:45 we got up and he said, "Want Ice Age!" Lately he's been watching a lot of the movie Cars, with a little Wall-E mixed in. We haven't watched Ice Age for about 6 weeks. Time for a new Ice Age cycyle, I thought.
Sure enough, I turned it on and he was squealing almost instantly. Running up and down the hall (at 5 am) with pure delight and joy. It is now 6 am and he finally sat down. He's been jumping and squealing and running and laughing and swinging for a full hour.
He is so cute. :)
Since I can't take any video this morning, I'm leaving you with one of him watching Ice Age almost a year ago...boy he looks and sounds so much younger!
1 comment:
Boy does this ever sound familiar! My grandson, Ethan is the same way. He hadn't seen Ice Age in awhile. I recorded it when I saw it on a few weeks ago. While he was here during Christmas that movie was a lifesaver. He redeveloped his kinship with it.
Post a Comment