Although I'm not sure if we've got a norovirus running through the house or if the vomiting is still related to what the kids all got sick with last week, I'm going to do some disinfecting today assuming it's norovirus.
I found a really helfpul webpage awhile back and refer to it whenever we need to clean up after kids with vomiting and diarrhea. It's from the Michigan Department of Community Health and has instructions for what disinfectants to use (bleach is best), what concentrations, and where.
A few basics:
- For food/mouth-contact items including toys, use 1 Tablespoon bleach per gallon water
- For non-porous surfaces, use 1/3 cup per gallon of water
- Leave bleach solution on for 10-20 minutes, then rinse off
- Carpet should be cleaned, then disinfected with heat (158 degrees for 5 min, or 212 degrees for 1 minute)
- Be very careful when moving soiled linens so you don't distribute virus "aerosols." Wash over 170 degrees.
What a fun day we have ahead! Chris is working from home and he will be off to OSH to rent a carpet cleaner this morning...
2 comments:
HEY!!!! Do we know these people?!?!? :)
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18660812/
I knew you before I knew you!!! How cool is THAT!?!?!? I read this 5/28/07!!! I was sifting through old articles, digging up stuff for stuff, you know how it is....and I came across the DAYS!! :) How cool?!?!
You should post this as a milestone marker, to show the progress and growth...well, do whatever you want, I am still just thinking how cool it is....
Hugs,
Kel&Migs
How funny is that, Kelly?! It IS a small world!! :)
I think about you and Miguel every day and send prayers. And I tell people about you all the time! You are an amazing mom.
Glad you stopped by!
~Tamie
Post a Comment