
I'm a day late with my Daybook post...due to feeling horrible yesterday!
Outside My Window...
It's gorgeous! Sunshine and a very light breeze, about 70 degrees today. Perfect almost-spring day!
I am thinking...
About how to best use this afternoon. I have much catch-up to do after being sick for several days. BUT the girls also need some extra attention, also since I've been sick. And it's St. Patrick's Day. And it's gorgeous outside.
I am thankful for...
Starting to feel better WITHOUT a trip to the doctor.
From the kitchen...
I have been overdosing on the awesome cranberry orange bread Natalie and I made yesterday! We've got tons of oranges on our trees and so I have been looking for ways to use them up. I'd like to make some sour cream cookies this afternoon (with green frosting, of course). And we're all eating tuna fish sandwiches for lunch at the moment.
I am wearing...
Dark denim jeans, brown t-shirt and hoodie, socks & my lovely "espresso" Keds. I know, no green. I've got a green shirt in the dryer and will switch later! Bad planning... ;)
I am creating...
I am so obsessed with Montessori right now and really want to create more of an atmosphere of independence for Natalie (and Sydney and Jacob) in the house. But I've got a ton of cleaning and decluttering to do first, so I am rolling along. At the same time trying to mentally figure out where I am going to put things...I am stuck right now on a low spot for their dishes and cups...
I am going...
Outside with the girls. Maybe to the post office.
I am reading...
Every Montessori blog and website I can find...LOL. I'm also still reading up on Lent online.
I am hearing...
It's fairly quite because Jacob is at school. I hear the birds chirping outside (we've got the front door open with the screen closed) and the refrigerator humming. Sydney is playing in the living room and I hear her heavy breathing as she climbs around, plus an occasional babble from her. A car just pulled up outside and I can hear their music playing. Natalie is amazingly quiet...she's eating her tuna fish.
Around the house...
Still working on my laundry project and am happy that I am getting to the things in storage...weeding through old kids' clothes, items that have been outgrown, etc. I need to play catch-up after being sick...the house is a disaster. As I'm cleaning, I am decluttering...yesterday I took all the kids' DVDs out of the cabinet they were in under the tv. I am tired of them all being pulled out and dumped around the living room. They are now out in a box in the garage and I'll go out there and get them as needed. That's less trouble than constantly cleaning and organizing them.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
I've cancelled our appointments for this week since everyone's been under the weather. I'm just going to try to get everyone well and get back into a "normal" (for us!) rhythm again. I'll have to get Sydney adjusted to her sleep training again (although she is still going DOWN beautifully for naps & bedtime, it's just the night waking I'll have to address). Natalie has a princess birthday party to attend on Saturday and so we're looking forward to get her costume together. She has gone to her friend Caitlyn's party every year since they were just babies! :)
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
A couple, actually!
Natalie & Caitlyn at her birthday party in 2007
No comments:
Post a Comment