Monday, March 9, 2009

FOR TODAY - March 9, 2009


Outside My Window...
SUNSHINE! Streaming through the windows, making it hard for the kids to see if they are in the living room or kitchen! Charlie's basking in it out in the back yard.

I am thinking...
That this day has already gotten out of control...hopefully I can get it back!

I am thankful for...
The new disposal Chris installed in the kitchen sink this weekend. The previous one had died and I was scraping everything into the trash.

From the kitchen...
I didn't get to make as much as I had hoped last week. But today or tomorrow I'd like to try some giant chocolate chip cookies with frosting writing on them (the ones that are as big as a plate)...someone has a birthday coming up and I'd like to send one to her!

I am wearing...
Sweatpants, brown t-shirt and a brown hoodie...sweats seem to be my Monday outfit.

I am creating...
Some Montessori lessons to do with Natalie.

I am going...
Good question! Jacob and Natalie were supposed to go to the dentist but they are both coughing and sneezing so I rescheduled. I think that means we're staying home today.

I am reading...
Sleeping Through the Night by Jodi Mindell - halfway through the book, and Sydney is going down for her naps and bedtime so well now! But we still have to work on the night wakings. And then Natalie gets her turn!

I am hoping...
to make some progress this week.

I am hearing...
Natalie is standing next to me pretending to be a prince (I am the princess, apparently). She has her stuffed unicorn and is telling me (in her prince voice) to "Pet your horsie, princess!" Little Bill is playing on the television. I can also hear Jacob's IA in the background...she is reading Jacob a story. The dishwasher is humming away, and Charlie has started barking out back.

Around the house...
Where to start? I am trying to get everyone's sheets cleaned and back on their beds today. Vacuuming and dusting. General cleaning. Working on my laundry project...trying to get ALL the clothing in the house (bedrooms, laundry room, storage...everything) where it's supposed to be, and I am finally getting somewhere!


One of my favorite things...
Pictures :) Just dug up some oldies today...soon to show up in a post!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Hopefully a visit from one of Jacob's old IAs, if the kids aren't going to get her little baby sick; a meeting with Jacob's clinical supervisor, and just general chaos, I am sure!


Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Jacob, Natalie & Sydney playing with play doh together last Wednesday after Jacob got home from school.


Visit The Simple Woman's Daybook for more entries!

2 comments:

DebD said...

great daybook. Hope you got all those sheets back on the beds! LOL.

Thanks for visiting my Daybook and commenting.

domestic.blizz said...

Great daybook entry.

Would love to know if you have any hints for night waking. My soon to turn 4 year old son is always reluctant to go to sleep at night and then he often wakes around 2.30am. Most of the time he just wants a drink of water and back to sleep but other times he thinks he has had all the sleep he needs and it is now time to party. He can often appear quite distressed in his sleep tossing and turning and talking in his sleep or grind his teeth.