Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sydney sleep progress

So...I just put Sydney down for bed. I sat in the rocker with her and we sang a few songs, just like we do every night.

This time when I put her down in her bed there was no fussing. She smiled and happily snuggled up in her crib. I gave her a kiss, said "Night, night" and waited for the screaming to begin. Last night there was only about 3 minutes of crying, same for naptime today. But usually she has a heartbreaking wail as I leave the room.

Tonight there was NOTHING. Not a peep as I left her to fall asleep on her own in her crib.

Amazing!!!!!!! I am so proud of her! And in shock.

So according to Jodi Mindell's book, I need to keep this up for two weeks and hopefully she'll stop crying in the middle of the night when she wakes up all on her own. But if she doesn't, we'll work on it after she's had a couple of weeks to get used to things.

A child of mine, not needing me to come "rescue" them several times a night? The thought makes me giddy.

:)

No comments: