Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Way too addictive cookies

We made some "whipped shortbread" cookies this afternoon for St. Patrick's Day. OH my gosh.

It's the first time I've tried this recipe and it's dangerous. If you like melt-in-your mouth light cookies...you have to try these. But don't say I didn't warn you after you eat 17 of them.

Apparently the key is to whip the butter for a good long time. I whipped mine for about 7 minutes.

We made half a recipe of butter frosting (green, of course) to put on top.

TO DIE FOR.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made a batch...they are all gone. They taste like Mexican Wedding Cakes...add some nuts, roll them in a ball, bake, then roll in powdered sugar. Easy to make.

TheFiveDays said...

Yeah, they are kind of like the mexican wedding cakes and I am addicted to both! I think these are a little more...airy? Melty? LOL! But very similar. I had 11 of them yesterday...and could have finished off the whole batch!! BAD.