Friday, March 13, 2009

Random stuff

*Yesterday I was scratching Natalie's leg and she said, "A little to the left, Mom." Excuse me? That's a first! So I did it, and then she tilted her head and said, "Okay, now a little to the right." Already a diva.

*Sydney figured out how to make a diamond shape with her fingers yesterday. She is getting pretty good at doing all the signs to the songs we like to sing, but up until now she would just touch her two pointer fingertips together for the diamond in "Twinkle, Twinkle, Litte Star." Yesterday I watched her sit on the sofa for about 5 minutes working on getting her two thumbs together at the same time. And she did it! She was so excited! And I am proud!

* Sydney is getting quite a song list together (she always has me sing to her before nap and bedtime) and I am glad to see she knows so many of the motions that go along. I added "Old McDonald" yesterday and her face lit up at the "E-I-E-I-O" part. One of my favorite things is to see her point to her cheeks and tilt her head side-to-side when I sing "and your face will surely show it" with "If You're Happy and You Know It."

*This morning Natalie was in the backyard looking for ladybugs. I was inside the house (where I could see her), talking to Jacob's clinical supervisor. Suddenly I heard her yelling, so I went out to see what was wrong. She was all teary-eyed and sobbed, "Mommy, I thought you were DEAD!"

*Jacob is still active in his wanting to cook phase. You have to be careful what you leave out, because he'll grab anything and start mixing it together. While I was in the shower this morning he put together a benedryl syrup/sugar/whopper candy/sunflower seed mixture in a bowl. Yummy stuff! He normally won't touch medicine with a 10-foot-pole so we leave the bottles out on the back of the counter when the kids are sick and we are reaching for them constantly. I am still not worried he'd take any of it himself, but now that he has reached for one of the bottles (if only for cooking experiments) worries me because of Sydney. We'll have to keep them all put up from now on.

No comments: