Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happy, happy day...or night...

Last night Sydney not only went down for bed with a smile, and no fussing when I left the room, but she DIDN'T CRY ALL NIGHT!!!!!

A miracle has happened in our house.

She is almost 20-months-old and has probably slept through the night twice as a fluke. Usually she gets me up 2-4 times.

I've been using the methods outlined in Jodi Mindell's book (Sleeping through the night) for almost 2 weeks with her, I think. I have just been trying to get her to go down for her nap and bedtime without fussing. Mindell says that once she learns to do that, within two weeks she should no longer be crying when she wakes up at night and should be able to soothe herself back to sleep on her own. True enough, it's been just under two weeks! We'll see how the coming few nights go but I think we are on the road to better sleep for her and for me!

Natalie is next on the sleep training list...she also wakes up 2-4 times a night and calls out for me. We'll see how the book's techniques work for her. She's had almost 4 years to get set in her ways, and we're going to have to deal with her sippy cup during the night habit. So I think it's going to be tough!!

But in the meantime I am basking in Sydney's success. I am so proud of her!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Yay for your miss Sydney! And, yay for you! How the heck do you function getting up that much at night?! I will scribble down this book in case little Mr. decides he's not much of a night sleeper...Good luck!

Unknown said...

Yea for STTN!!