We have a little escapee in the making, it appears.
Jacob has been crawling through his bedroom window to get to the backyard, and has been sneaking out the door to the garage (also to get to the backyard) lately. I'll look outside in the morning and see him standing in the rain, with his pajama pants on and no shirt, socks, or shoes.
We have started up his walks during therapy sessions now that the weather is getting a little less chilly. He has started to bolt on his IAs, and today the IA came back with him and said she barely caught him from running into the street. She looked pretty shaken. I got a call right after session saying that he now can only go on walks in the court and if there are two adults with him. I am sure this will change shortly...he has to learn to take walks appropriately, not to avoid them...but for now his safety is the main concern.
I hope we can get this under control before he decides he wants to start escaping into the FRONT yard.
No comments:
Post a Comment